Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Science is based on evidence, not people taking offence or threatening murder . . .

From here (our emphasis);


With the Name of Allah, All-Merciful, Most Merciful
A FURTHER CLARIFICATION &
RETRACTION
Further to my detailed statement dated 15th February 2011 about evolution, I would like to state, after reflecting on the matter and listening to the advice of others:
1. I regret and retract some of my statements in the past about the theory of evolution, especially the inflammatory ones.
2. I do not believe that Adam, peace be upon him, had parents.
3. I seek Allah’s forgiveness for my mistakes and apologise to others for any offence caused.
4. This does not excuse the cowardly and fraudulent campaign spreading lies and slander against me over the last two months.
5. Neither does it excuse those who have continued their mediaevalist, hair-splitting theological and jurisprudential discussions whilst remaining silent about the clear incitement to murder uttered by some in their midst. “Slaughter the people, but worry about killing mosquitos.”
Usama Hasan
London, Friday 4th March 2011

1 comment:

  1. "2. I do not believe that Adam, peace be upon him, had parents."
    Omphalos, schomphalos, what does it matter as long as he had a belly-button? Hmmm, Morph was made of clay too, and his representation on my mantelpiece hasn't got one. Poor sod, maybe Adam needs all those offers of a piece, then.
    tag: you couldn't make it up!

    ReplyDelete