The creationists come in with their trio of arguments;
- "Darwinism" is atheist
- "Darwinism" is scientifically controversial
- and its only fair to let people hear both sides.
- many religious people are perfectly happy with modern science and in fact creationists are just a small part of the religious population
- creationism has no scientific standing or support
- there aren't two sides to hear - this is simply a subterfuge to smuggle proselytisation for fundamentalists into science classes
It was both refreshing and effective to hear an atheist, a secular agnostic and a catholic pointing to the holes in the position of two members of small fundamentalist churches. The characterisation of creationism as bad theology and the lack of any supporting evidence for the historical claims made are telling to hear and it is clear that the creationists, as well as continuing to deny most of modern science, also deny theological history too.
But don't take my word for it. Listen for yourself;